For Sale By Owner sellers, check out these recommended blog posts:
- 3 Reasons Why Houses Don’t Sell
- 10 Smart Ways to Add Curb Appeal to Your Home
- A House That Smells Won’t Sell
- Sellers, Be a Good Host… and Get Out!
- How Much Will You Make From Selling Your House?
Tips for Better Listing Descriptions
When writing the listing description, sell benefits, not just features! You don’t need to say, “great 4-bedroom, 2.5 bathroom home” because buyers can already see that in the listing details. Instead, highlight what makes your home different or special. Here are some examples to spur your creativity:
- Quiet cul-de-sac in a desirable neighborhood
- 10-minute walk to downtown / public transit nearby
- Big backyard with lots of privacy
- Patio and fire pit, perfect for entertaining
- 2-car garage with extra storage or space for a workshop
- Recently renovated / updated and freshly painted
- Mountain, lake or ocean views
- Cherry hardwood flooring throughout
- Luxurious 5-piece bathroom off the master bedroom
- Spacious, open kitchen with custom cabinetry
- Convenient upstairs laundry room
- Stainless steel appliances / granite / Wolf range, etc.
- Fenced yard with lush landscaping
- Smart thermostat / energy efficient fixtures
- ADU or additional living space with income potential
- Nearby parks, beaches, shopping schools, or entertainment
Generally, 250 words is a good description length. Be descriptive, but concise. You should also note any recent improvements or upgrades you’ve made, which add value to your home. Additionally, highlight community features or area information, such as proximity to school, recreation, shopping and dining.
Why sell with me?
I am Kitsap County’s premier digital marketer in real estate. Thousands of people visit my website and read my emails each month. I also maintain an active social media presence in local groups, and network with other agents to match buyers with homes.
In addition to the MLS listing, Zillow and Redfin, I reach more buyers online using lookalike lists and retargeting audiences. And I do all this at no cost to you. Why? Because aggressive digital advertising helps your home sell faster, but it also helps me meet new clients.
I also pay for high-quality professional photography, websites, print production, digital media costs, and staging consultations, to ensure the highest quality listing. In short, I work harder to provide an amazing level of service, in order to gain your enthusiastic referrals.
My Promise to You
My 3 core values are care, trust, and commitment to excellence. I always have your best interest in mind. As your agent, I promise to help you achieve your real estate goals, while making your experience as stress-free as possible. That means I will:
- Listen closely, take time to understand your needs, and address your concerns.
- Communicate openly, offering frequent updates, honest input, and candid feedback.
- Make recommendations to help you prepare your house for sale, and get noticed.
- Determine the best pricing strategy, based on your goals and priorities.
- Provide a Comparative Market Analysis (CMA) to inform your final pricing decisions.
- Actively market your property using digital and traditional advertising until it’s sold.
- Schedule and coordinate showings to minimize inconvenience or hassle.
- Help you evaluate all offers and detailed terms of the purchase agreement.
- Negotiate the best deal terms and find creative solutions to common challenges.
- Guide you through each stage of the listing, offer, contract, inspection, and more.
- Work to ensure a successful transaction throughout escrow and closing.
But more than that, I look forward to developing a great relationship, and staying in touch as friends. Visit my bio page to learn more about me. If there is anything I can do to help you today, please call or text me at 360-979-6411. I look forward to hearing from you!
Join My FREE VIP Newsletter
My helpful articles, hyper-local news, and community event highlights will keep you in the know. Get the best local real estate resources in Kitsap County, sent straight to your inbox each week.
- Fun Kitsap community events and family activities
- Practical tips and local resources for homeowners
- Expert real estate advice and housing market trends
- FREE access to MLS Listings and custom email alerts
- Helpful Kitsap County real estate guides and tools
- PLUS… the best (or worst?) dad jokes!
- 100% Secure. Unsubscribe at any time.